Mittwoch, 29. August 2012

Going Abroad


Going abroad for a semester, a year or even longer can become one of the greatest experiences in your life. It has tons of advantages, like learning a whole new language, experiencing a new culture, meeting a lot of new people, seeing different teaching methods and of course expanding your career network.

Personally, I have never studied in my own country. After high school I moved to Germany to study there. At first I had a lot of trouble learning the language, but my friends helped me very well and I learned really fast. I will never be a native German speaker or a native English speaker, but that will never hold me back from trying to improve.
I still think going abroad was the best choice of my life, it was great for my personal development and it also opened a lot of doors for me.

If you’re abroad, you are going to be a foreigner in a country you probably don’t know that well yet. The transition is actually surprisingly easy, especially because most people are willing to help you out. Don’t be prejudiced about the inhabitants of a certain country, they won’t be about you. Although, after living abroad for 2 years, my friends and I can have a good laugh about the rumors about both my home and my new country.

Having studied abroad will also help you later in your career. During your abroad studying, you built up an incredible arsenal of skills. You learned a new language and showed that you are not afraid to take risks to improve yourself, and companies are in desperate need of people with these skills.
You will have a lot of career potential. Not only will it be easier to find a job, your existing career will also grow a lot faster.

Most universities host one or more programs that involve studying abroad. This will make it easier to pick an abroad university, preparing your stay, finding a place to live there and getting some advice to take with you on your adventurous trip.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen